This well-known freight forwarding and logistics company, is seeking a commercially astute senior manager to lead and take ownership of revenue management and driving operational excellence across the business. This is a fast-paced, broad role that will have a significant positive influence on the bottom line.
- Market leader in the NZ freight industry
- Dynamic and pivotal national leadership role
- Opportunity to drive change and improve profitability
The National Revenue Manager leads a small team and reports to the Group General Manager. The main purpose of the role is to take ownership of the delivery and execution of the Group revenue management strategy and lead operational improvement, thus safeguarding and growing margin and improving profitability.
Candidates will need to have significant experience in a fast-flowing, margin-led, network and asset based business. They will have a deep understanding of cost and pricing mechanisms, the commercial nuances that impact on customer profitability, and key drivers of operational effectiveness and efficiency.
You will be expected to challenge the status quo by championing the implementation of a culture of robust and simplified processes, as well as developing commercial capability across the organisation.
Candidates will have the following skills and attributes:
- A deep understanding of the commercial drivers of a fast flowing, margin led, network and asset based business
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to utilise BI tools to mine and analyse data for decision-making, business case recommendations and execute findings
- Well-developed stakeholder engagement skills including the ability to influence without line authority
- A fact-based collaborative communication style
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to deliver on multiple competing priorities
- Be passionate, self-motivated, and tenacious
- Have a relevant tertiary qualification
Naturally agile, and solutions-oriented, you revel in a fast-paced environment. Your disciplined approach allows you to be highly productive and you are an effective communicator, equally comfortable at all organisational levels.
This role presents an opportunity to join a market-leading company and have a direct impact on customer service and company profitability.
... ... ...