This large capital intensive organisation has created a new role and team charged with rigorous design, planning and technical excellence to ensure successful project delivery.
A transformative new organisational strategy demands new approaches and infrastructure to support this strategy, so this is an exciting time to join and lead this key team.
- Greenfields role – build team culture and capability
- Crystallise long term network and operational demands into tangible projects
- Hugely diverse construction and refurbishment projects
The Manager Project Planning is responsible for realising the Capital Plan by scoping, resourcing and optimising projects and programmes, so that they are primed for successful execution. You will build, develop and lead a team with technical, design, engineering, relationship management, and analytical skills who will ensure that the capability and capacity is available to deliver a dynamic portfolio of programmes and projects successfully.
A key to success will be the ability to collaborate across diverse stakeholders so that technical, operations and other interests are considered and optimised in this complex environment.
Candidates will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- Proven experience delivering a variety of infrastructure projects including the design, procurement and construction phases
- Leading edge knowledge of best practice programme and project planning
- Commercial acumen including experience developing investment cases and engaging suppliers
- Confidence in navigating through complex regulatory and approval processes
- Ability to identify risk and develop mitigation strategies
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to bring together virtual teams to work in an innovative and customer focused environment
- An authentic leader who has successfully built high performing teams that work collaboratively
- Tertiary qualification in engineering, design or related discipline
Candidates could come from a variety of asset-intensive backgrounds. They will be proven problem solvers, have integrity, and have a strong service ethos.
This role presents an exciting opportunity to make a direct impact on the successful delivery of infrastructure that underpins the organisation’s ability to deliver ambitious outcomes for New Zealand.
... ... ...