Our client is a large government organisation delivering important outcomes for New Zealanders. They are seeking an experienced major capital projects delivery professional who can lead a team responsible for a wide range of planned and reactive projects.
- Large asset base with a programme of significant investment
- New role with the opportunity to build and develop a high performing team
- Attractive remuneration, Wellington based
The National Manager Project Delivery will develop and lead a large team of highly skilled project delivery professionals responsible for all major planned and reactive projects across a complex network. There are multiple concurrent capital projects across a very broad asset base, each with unique challenges and with a very wide range of stakeholders.
This role is part of a new organisational structure recently implemented to further strengthen capability across all aspects of asset planning, maintenance and delivery. The National Manager Project Delivery will be expected to build a team that is a blend of new and existing project professionals. They will draw on well-developed internal project methodologies and tools as well as introducing new best practice approaches.
Candidates will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- An authentic leader who has successfully built high performing teams that work collaboratively
- Successful track record delivering multiple concurrent capital projects
- Expert knowledge of best practice project management methodologies and techniques
- Knowledge of complex change management issues
- Well-developed communication skills including the ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Sound commercial knowledge including the ability to engage with external contractors and manage supplier relationships for mutual benefit
- An ability to build functional relationships with technical experts from a range of disciplines
- Intellectually agile with the ability to assimilate complex issues and clear a path to successful project delivery
- Knowledge of legislation and regulation relevant to property and infrastructure
- An appropriate professional qualification
Candidates could come from a variety of property and infrastructure backgrounds. They will be experienced people leaders, have integrity, and have a strong service ethos. Your professional skills will be tested and enhanced through leadership in developing teams and instilling best practice as well as actively managing challenging projects through to completion.
This role presents an exciting opportunity to be part of an organisation that is forward-thinking and innovative.
... ... ...