This large and complex manufacturing company exports a wide range of agricultural products to over 65 countries. They are seeking a high calibre planning professional to join their team and help transform planning processes.
- New role based in Invercargill (preferably) or Christchurch in an iconic New Zealand company
- Dynamic and pivotal planning role
- Attractive remuneration (+ benefits)
Reporting to the Livestock Commercial & Planning Manager, the Supply Forecast Planner is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with the farmer/shareholder livestock supply. This will require maintaining existing planning processes and systems (primarily spreadsheet based) as well as taking a lead role in the development of new leading edge processes supported by the implementation of a new ERP system.
This is a highly complex supply chain due to the nature of the inputs, the need to optimise product mix, and the broad product range that is exported globally. Candidates will have an in-depth understanding of integrated planning in a manufacturing environment. An understanding of the unique planning challenges of the agri-business sector would be an advantage. As well as having advanced modeling and problem solving skills, candidates will need to have excellent stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to influence colleagues at all levels to adopt new practices. They will also collaborate closely with the Sales, Supply Chain, and Production Planning teams and provide the livestock supply input to the Sales & Operations Planning process.
The successful candidate will have the following skills & attributes:
- In-depth understanding of planning including experience in a mature Sales & Operations Planning environment
- Robust analytical skills including the ability to build optimisation models
- Advanced spreadsheet modeling skills
- Experience with defining the planning and associated data requirements for an ERP system
- Well developed stakeholder engagement skills including the ability to influence others
- Experience in a large manufacturing organisation - preferably in the agri-business sector
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a manner that facilitates decision-making
- Good commercial acumen including an understanding of the impact of planning decisions on financial performance
- Relevant tertiary qualification and an APICS qualification will be highly regarded
The ideal candidate will enjoy working under pressure and remain disciplined and focused on fact-based communication at all times. They will have a passion for defining and implementing new processes and will understand the importance of getting buy-in from stakeholders at all levels.
If you are seeking to advance your planning career in a complex market-leading organisation you must consider this position.
... ... ...