Strategically positioned on the eastern shipping route of New Zealand, Napier Port connects Central New Zealand businesses to the world. Napier Port has experienced significant growth and investment over the last decade and we are planning for major growth over the next ten years as our regional economy grows.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced technology leader who has a track record of delivering strategic initiatives and ensuring IT operational excellence.
- Exciting time to join an organisation that is growing rapidly and values people
- Dynamic role at the forefront of innovation
- Attractive remuneration and lifestyle location
Reporting to the CEO, the GM Strategy & Innovation is a key member of the Senior Management Team. They are responsible for leading the team who deliver technology to support the business including the extended supply chain of customers and suppliers. In addition this role will bring innovative strategic opportunities to the Senior Leadership Team and where these align with the business direction, they will oversee the implementation of these strategic initiatives.
Candidates may come from a variety of backgrounds but must have a track record of delivering strategic initiatives and leading a technology function.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
- Proven track record leading the technology function
- Innovative and at the forefront of technology and supply chain developments
- A strategic thinker who understands the importance of strategic alignment and good governance
- Experience as a member of a senior leadership team
- Knowledge of Ports is not essential however knowledge of the New Zealand supply chain would be an advantage
- Strong commercial acumen including the ability to develop and present robust business cases at Board level
- A collaborative approach and a coaching style of leadership
- Excellent communication skills
- A relevant tertiary qualification and evidence of continued professional development
This role presents an exciting opportunity to join an innovative company and make a significant contribution.
... ... ...