The NZ Defence Force is seeking an experienced leader who can guide a large and complex ICT function though a period of significant change.
- Opportunity to build a large high performing team
- Wide range of complex, leading edge, globally deployed technology
- Key member of the ICT Leadership Team
Reporting to the CIO, the Enterprise Products & Services (EPS) Portfolio Director leads a large team of approximately 160 technology professionals. This team is responsible for the strategic direction, maintenance, and continuous improvement of NZDF technology including end user technologies, platforms, infrastructure and deployable capabilities. NZDF uses a range of satellite and terrestrial systems to support more than 14,000 personnel, as well as core systems to support logistics, human resources, and finance.
Candidates will be experienced infrastructure professionals with a track record of leading large teams in a complex environment. Collaborative by nature, they will have the ability to communicate complex information at the appropriate level of detail to facilitate decision-making.
Candidates will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- Authentic and experienced people leadership of large operational teams
- In-depth understanding of IT infrastructure in an environment with multi-national deployed resources
- A successful track record managing change in a complex environment
- Commercial acumen including experience negotiating with, establishing, and managing IT vendors in an outsourced environment
- Ability to build clarity and deliver outcomes despite ambiguity and complexity
- Politically aware
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, able to build trust
- Naturally collaborative
- Experience of Agile is desirable
- Tertiary qualified with evidence of on-going investment in personal development
- Capable of achieving TSSV security clearance
You will be intellectually agile with the ability to deal calmly with multiple competing priorities. You will be able to communicate and deliver on a clear vision and be passionate about the role ICT must play to deliver value to the organisation.
This role presents an exciting opportunity to build and lead a team through a significant period of change.
... ... ...