Our client is a large and respected property development and investment company. They are seeking a commercially astute Development Manager to join their Auckland team and be involved in a portfolio of high profile projects.
- Exciting opportunity to move into the property development sector
- Respected business that values people and integrity above all else
- Professional services background valued
This is an opportunity to join a highly successful business and apply the skills and experience you have gained to a new industry. You will join a team of Development Managers and learn the skills to manage the delivery of large development and construction projects. This is a new role, established as a consequence of sustained business growth.
You are likely to come from a senior role in a professional services firm where you have been involved in large and complex commercial transactions. You will have well-honed skills in all of the following areas:
- Commercial acumen including exposure to large commercial transactions
- Financial competency including the ability to identify, assess and mitigate risk
- Familiarity with contract law
- Project management experience
- Excellent communication skills with stakeholders at multiple levels
- A relevant tertiary qualification
As an experienced project leader you are able to provide clear direction to others, as well as working at the coal face when necessary. You are intellectually agile with the ability to deal calmly with ambiguity and multiple competing priorities. Naturally curious, you are self motivated and driven to seek out new business opportunities. Most importantly you are guided by a strong moral compass.
This role presents an exciting opportunity to be part of a team that is leading some of New Zealand’s most exciting development projects.
... ... ...