This well-known New Zealand business with manufacturing, a large direct-to-customer operation, and a national retail network of more than 80 stores is seeking an experienced supply chain leader who can drive transformational change.
- Critical role for delivering benefits of transformation programme
- Key member of the COO leadership team
- Attractive remuneration + benefits
- Christchurch based
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the GM Supply Chain will have responsibility for the end-to-end supply chain including all freight and logistics functions (inbound, warehousing, outbound operations, and inventory management), as well as developing and leading the integrated planning function.
Our client is planning a significant transformation programme that will touch all parts of the supply chain function, particularly integrated planning, inventory performance, and the freight and logistics network, which will include establishing the right network over time to support the business’s strategy. The GM Supply Chain will have a central role in driving these changes. This will entail working across the business and require working effectively with stakeholders, including other members of the exec team, and CEO.
Candidates will need to be experienced supply chain professionals across all functions from forecasting/planning to warehousing and distribution. They will have a track record of delivering change, developing the capability of their team, and influencing stakeholders across the business. They will be able to work with and draw on the resources and knowledge of outside consultants as well as articulate a vision at all levels, including the Board.
Candidates should have the following skills and experience:
- Experienced leading the supply chain function in a large and complex business
- Excellent understanding of the retail supply chain
- Leading edge knowledge of integrated planning
- A proven track record delivering transformational change
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to build trust through their actions
- High energy, hard-working and resilient
- Open and honest and enjoys working collaboratively
- Ability to interact with people at all levels including at Executive and Board level
- A relevant tertiary qualification
This is a unique opportunity to build a leading-edge supply chain function and make a significant contribution to this business, their customers and shareholders.
... ... ...