Are you a competent engineer looking for you next challenge? Perhaps also a natural leader who thrives in a busy operational environment? Do you possess experience managing an extensive fixed infrastructure asset portfolio? If so, we invite you to connect with us.
We are in search of an Engineering Manager to join our Assets and Infrastructure team. In this role, you will assist with the delivery and development of our asset management plans, with ownership of our civil marine assets and structures.
Reporting directly to the GM of Assets and Infrastructure, the Engineering Manager plays a critical role in enabling us to meet our operational objectives and support a thriving region.
Your leadership will deliver major infrastructure projects and develop long-term strategic asset plans that will contribute to delivering reliable critical infrastructure for Napier Port.
- A highly adept tertiary qualified civil or structural engineer with a passion for marine environments and a drive to deliver innovative solutions to complex problems.
- High levels of technical proficiency and an in-depth understanding of asset management philosophies and methodologies.
- A passionate people leader, focused on fostering a "One Team" approach.
- Champion of health and safety, promoting and cultivating a safety-first culture that mitigates risk.
- Excels in building strong relationships that maximize value with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient in managing budgets, resource allocation, and maximizing return on investment, ensuring efficient financial management.
- Navigates challenges with resilience in complex projects and stakeholder relationships, showcasing the ability to adapt to changing circumstances effectively.
- Ownership of our wharves and marine assets, overseeing their budgets through to the delivery of asset management plans and capital works projects.
- Planning, executing, and overseeing engineering projects to ensure timely completion, adherence to budgets, and proactive risk mitigation.
- Provide technical guidance, recruit, train, and mentor engineering staff to ensure a skilled and motivated workforce. Ensure compliance with industry standards.
- Oversee marine channel and harbour survey and dredging campaigns to support safe vessel movements.
- Oversee the continual remediation of sea defence structures, supporting critical infrastructure demands.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams for the ongoing monitoring of navigation aids.
- Generate data-driven insights that inform the continuous evolution of long-term asset strategies.
- Foster a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, and collaboration within the engineering team and across departments.
If this resonates with you, we eagerly await your response.
... ... ...